`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· LINGO ·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·
- Bookah | Human in Asurian | Big, clumsy creatures with loud, bellowing voices. Not too bright, either.
- Persistent World | A world is shared between players. Most changes made are visible to all players. Continues to exists even when players log out.
- Instance | A private copy of an area created for a player or a party. Ceases to exist when the player or party leaves the area. All changes are therefore lost.
- XP | Experience Points | These points are gathered from nearly everything you do and are used to gain levels which requires set amounts of XP.
- NPC | Non Player Character | These are characters in-game that are controlled by AI (Artificial Intelligence) and not players.
- PvP | Player vs Player | Playing against other players.
- PvE | Player vs Enviroment | Playing against AI enemies
- PvX | Player vs Environment/Player | Playing against either environment and player.
- sPvP | Structured Player vs Player | Playing against other players in a organise/purpose built mode.
- WvW (WvWvW) | World vs World | 3 Servers are pitched against each other for 2 weeks.
- RP | Roll Playing | For those player who want total immersion by acting out in-game dialogue and actions.
- AFK / BRB / BIO | Away from keyboard / Be Right Back / Biological codename for Toilet | All meanings mean a player is currently idle.
- GTG | Got to Go
- Raid | A group of player that equipped/trained with gear ready for a event.
- PuG | Pick Up Group | When the partied with random players who you don't know (PvP Quick Join Matches)
- LFG | Looking for Group | Used to find/forms raids.
- BoE | Bound on Equip | Once the item in question is equip to an character it is forever only wearable by that character.
- BoP | Bound on Pick-up | Once the item in question is 'Pick-up' via either loot drops or merchant purchasing that item is only usable by that character.
- BoA | Bound on Account | Items that are shared across character for that account.
- AH | Auction House | Place to Buy/Sell shit!
- GM | Game Master | The players with the power of GOD! (Normally Developers)
- HoM | Hall of Monuments | These are achievements from the first Guildwars.
- Mats | Just short for Materials, which are used to craft.
- Farming | When you do the same task over and over to obtain a resource. I.e. Farmed Lowlands for Copper Orr.
- Nerf | The reference has been weaked / made easier.
- WTT | Want to Trade
- OMW | On My Way
- Emotes | These are actions/animations your character will preform. Use chat to iniate them. Emotes
- GG | Good Game | Used when a match is ended as a goodwill gesture to all players and opponents alike.
- BWE | Beta Weekend Events | These were closed GW2 events held before the launch of the game to test every aspect of the game.
- Noob / Nab / Newb / NewBie | New Player | Used to decribe someone's abilty as under-par.
- Vet | Veteran | Skilled and Experince player (opposite of above :P)
- IRL | In Real Life | As opposed to something in the game.
- OOC | Out of Character or Out of Combat
- TL:DR | To Long : Don't Read / To Long : Didn't Read | Or in other words, another one of Lakvars post :)
- GLHF | Good Luck Have Fun
- DPS | Damage Per Second | Used to compare player's expected optimal damage output.
- LoS | Line of Sight | To avoid/hide from a Foe's damage.
- Pull | Refered to gaining the initial aggro of an enemy.
- Mob | Mobile | Referring to non-player character or characters (general foes) that can be moved or pulled.
- Regen | Regeneration | How quickly your that stat regenerates, normal it just refereed to health.
- Rez | Resurrection | Player may call for a rez/revives during battles.
- AoE/AE | Area of Effect | Any skills that effect more than one target is considered a Area of Effect skill.
- HoT | Heal over Time | How much healing is applied per second.
- DoT | Damage over Time | How much damage is applied per second or over a time period.
- Boons | aka Buffs | These give a positive effect to players stats Boons
- Conditions | aka DOTs | These give negative effect to players stats Conditions
- CD | Cool Down | Some skills once activated have a timer before it can be used again, in this period the skill is in 'Cool Down'
- OP | Over Powered | Dam! that skill is so OP!!! Blah blah blah, whine whine whine. [*]Melee| Attacks that happen within a limited distanced anything within weapon swinging distance is consider Melee.
- Ranged | Attacks that can be preformed from a distanced.
- Kite / Kiting | Running in circles with purpose, while simultaneously shooting with your range weapon at enemies who just happen to run more poorly than you and are daft enough to have no ranged weapon. If they do not run more poorly, use magic to make it so. Also, flying kites in the park.
- Zerg | When a group amounts a tactical engagement with numerical superiority. Proven to be worthy tactic trough all human history.
- Proc | Programmed Random Occurrence | Relying on luck and in-game randomization to make up for your lack of skill. Also, a random beneficial (to you) spell, which gives you an advantage at never the right time.
- Crit | Critical | Digital means for enhancing penis size or boosting feeling of superiority. Often followed by PrntScrn. Those who lack our insight call it "scoring a Critical Hit"
- CC | Crowd Control | CC of paramount importance during kiting, CC is useful for dispersing public demonstrations (e.g. tear gas) or debilitating the ability of other players to perform well against you, which often leads to 1. your successful escape or 2. kill and desecrating of corpse (theirs) and a lasting feeling of resentment from the victim towards your self.
- Pwnd | Demonstration of skill so superior to your opponent, that you amaze your own self and feel the need to say something in encouragement afterwards.
- Spike | More or less instantanious damage made by several players with the sole intent to kill within the blink of an eye.
- Burst/Nuke | A Prolonged spike and therefore pushing the the resources of the player to the limit and trying to do as much damage as possible in a short duration disregarding any form of later sustainability.
- Tank | Can tank enormous amount of damage but deals very little in return.
- Glass Cannon The exact opposite of a tank.. a players choice to solely consentrate on max damage output but if its getting hit much or at all it is most likely dead.
- Gank | Ganking constitutes focusing on one enemy and pressing all of your buttons in a diminishing succession, from highest damage to lowest. A process in which a group of characters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves.
- Aggro | Not really present in GW2 but it means to keep at Foe target/concentrated on you.
- Wipe | When the whole party has been killed.
- Stomp | Finishing a downed player to make them defeated. Stomp by default is the action of stomping a flag apon a downed opponent but other things can be used like a cow ;)
- Synergy | Synergy is when the combined effect (from skills or players) is greater than the two individual effects added together.
- RNG | Random Number Generator, in GW2 some stills use RnG to pick a skill from a list of skills..
Other MMO (some/all wont apply to GW2)
- Roll (#1) | Generates a random number between 1-100, used to see who wins an item. (can also do roll # to indicate range, example roll 2000)
- Roll (#2) | Roll can also refer to 'rolling a new character' as creating a new character in traditional RPGs is rolling a dice to select your stats.
- DKP | Dungeon K P | A currency that's earned through raids which can be used to purchase its
- WTS | Want to Sell
- WTB | Want to Buy
- WTT | Want to Trade
- LFG | Looking for Group (Sometimes Guild)
- LFM | Looking for More | Used to fine more players for a group
- LF1M | Looking for One More
- Parser | A parser is a tool the analyse data (normally via Battle.log) and numerate the data for realtime HUD's or post reviews.
- Coin | Common form of currency and is the basis for player trade.
- Gems | Bought for real money and used to purchase items from the in-game store. (can be used to buy coin too)
- Glory | Earned by participating in Structured PvP and used to unlock skins for use in that game mode.
- Influence | Awarded to guilds for the activities of members. <--;)
- Karma | Earned by participating in dynamic events and helping others with their personal storyline.
- Skill Points | Are used to unlock new skills and Miyani will take them in exchange for mystic items or recipes.
- Badge of Honor | Gathered from defeating enemies in WvW, used to buy weapons and seige weapons in WvW.
- Supply | is acquired through and used in WvW to build and upgrade structures and siege weapons.
`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· Chat Commands ·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·
- /s Or /say | Messages nearby players
- /p Or /party | Messages your party
- /g Or /guild | Messages your guild
- /t Or /team | Message all players on your team in world vs. world
- /squad | Message all players in your wvw squad
- /m Or /map | Message all players in your current Zone or City
- /t, /tell, /w, or /whisper [name] | Send a private message to a player
- /r, /reply, or Backspace | Reply to the most recent private message
- Post to chat an Item/Skill | Start a chat and Shift+left-click an item to link the item/skill in chat <-- 8)
- Post location to chat | Start a chat and Shift+left-click a waypoint to link the waypoint location in chat <-- 8)
- /friend [name] | Add a player to your contact list
- /block [name] or /ignore [name] | Prevent a player from contacting you in any way
- /unblock[name] or /unignore [name] | Remove a player from your block list
- /LFG [on/off] | Toggle "looking for group"
- /AFK [on/off] | Toggle "away from keyboard"
- /invisible [on/off] | Toggle offline status on other contact lists
- /age [name] | Says the following message in your chat window: "Across all characters, you have played for <x> hours <y> minutes over the past <z> days/months."
- /deaths [name] or /ignore [name] | Says the following message in your chat window: "You have died <x> time(s)."
`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· Useful Shortcuts ·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·
- Ctrl+T | Will suggest a target to your party
- T | Targets the targeted target set by party
- Tab | Cycles through the Foes
- C | Targets the closest Foe - Not 100% this is in GW2???
- Ctrl+Shift+H | Hides the whole UI, great for clean screen shots :)
`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· GW2 Wisdom ·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·
Crafting / Gathering
Tools of the trade, you'll need to grab yourself Tools before you can gather; these can be found at the first villages outside of the main cities. Just buy and equip all three (Sickles, Axes, and Picks), on the Minimap nodes(gather locations) appear just wonder over and gather :P
Inventory full! Getting that a lot?? Simples make a Reinforced Bronze Box(8 Slot Bag). Get the Amoursmith craft, just collect/buy 20 coppers ores, buy some tin (weaponsmith merchant) and make 10 bronze ingots. Now you can craft a one or more :)
Mobs that gains XP for how long they live, thus mobs that are out in unexplored areas grant greater XP.
You can buy boons that grants Health regen, Might and Double XP.
Leveling guide from lakvar
`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· Useful Links ·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·
GW2 Wiki : Where would one be without the Gw2 Wiki?
GW2 Guide : Very detailed guide
GW2 101 : A long thread containing all the need to know info.
GW2 Census : Roughly 20k characters added, gives rough ideas of character choices along with other decisions.
GW2db.com/ : The go to place for all crafting needs.
GW2 Tips & Tricks article
GW2 naming rules : GW2 naming rules for all races in GW2.
Tales of Tyria #42: Buy High and Sell Higher : A podcast focusing on how to make money.
Reduce LAG : A nice guide to help you reduce your lag.
Offical GW2 Forum (Beta Forum)
Reddit for Gw2
Skill Calculator (Gw2DB)
GW2 Skill Tool with Stats
GW2 Codex Skill Tool
Skill Tool Builder #1
Skill Tool Build #2
Charrrrrrrrr Name Geney
Any one for a Krytan Translator ?? Seriously!!
GW2 Signature Generator (Enjin)
Interactive Map : More populated.
Crafting Materials Map
Guild Emblem Creator
Lore and RP Guide
Guardians of Tyria
Key and Dagger
`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· GW2 Command Lines ·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·
Can attached these commands to you GW2 shortcut. Append to end of the target area field, outside of the quote marks like so :
- Right click on your GW2.exe and click create shortcut.
- Right click on your GW2 shortcut and select 'Properties'.
- In the 'Target Area' field you will see the location of your Guild Wars executable file: "<...>\Gw2.exe"
- Write the desired command line arguments after the quote marks, each beginning with a space: "<...>\Gw2.exe" -windowed -nosound
- -autologin | Automatically presses the log in button upon launch.
- -email | Sets the username/email. Good to create multiple shortcuts for multiple accounts. Otherwise obsolete.
- -nopatchui | Launches the game straight away instead of opening patcher first.
- -password | Enters password. Good to create multiple shortcuts for multiple accounts. Otherwise obsolete.
- -bmp | Sets your screenshots to bitmap format for better quality.
- -fps | Limits your framerate to a desired value. Good for keeping FPS stable by keeping the distance between your minimum and max framerate down. Also can be used to keep temps in check if not using vsync.
- -noui | Removes the user-interface. Works on login screen too. Same as Ctrl+Shift+H. -windowed Makes the game load in windowed or FullScreen Windowed. Even after settings reset after a patch.
- -nomusic | Disables just music.
- -nosound | Disables ALL sound.
- -perf Not 100% about this; it adds a debug readout to the right hand side, with stuff like FPS, Number of Texture/Characters/Lights/Polygons and other graphical shit.
- -diag | Does a diagnostics check on your computer. It checks your network hardware, addresses, etc. It then does a traceroute to check your latency/ping, number of hops and packet loss to a number of ANET servers and then performs a direct X diagnostics.
- -image | Used to download ALL data for the game instead of the default bare essentials. Seems to use old patcher UI as well. Obsolete as of BWE as the patcher downloads everything anyway.
- -repair | Attempts to repair the gw2.dat file.
- -useoldlauncher | Reverts to old patcher UI.